Thursday, March 10, 2011

Extra Credit


Copy & Paste: I pulled an image of a cottage from the Internet and made sure that it was the same size as my main image on Photoshop (landscape). I did the same thing with the two creepy children in the front--only instead of typing in "cottage," I typed in "Hansel and Grettle." I used a variety of tools such as the magnetic lasso, the eraser, and the magic wand to remove the cottage and creepy children from their backgrounds. I then dragged the images into the landscape window and adjusted the sizes a tad so that it would look more realistic. Using the gradient tool, I started from the bottom of the shot and chose "exclusion" to get this supernatural look.


Blended: I opened up two different images in Photoshop. My main image was the shot of Mercy's green room. I duplicated the background layer of my main image. I then went up to "image" and clicked on "apply image." In the source box, I made sure that it was my second image that was selected. Under "blending," I changed the selection to "add" to get this lightened effect of the second image over the main image.


Fisheye: After duplicating the background layer, I used the elliptical marquee tool and selected the bountiful curves of Celine's face (Celine Abellana Castillo, to be exact). I inversed my selection, hit delete to get rid of the background of the second layer, and then inversed my selection yet again. What I was left with was the beauteous floating face of Celine with the little lines of the marquee tool dancing around it. I then went up to "filter", hit "distort", and selected "spherize". After making sure that the effect was 100%, I hit okay and was left with this masterpiece.


Threshold: Duplicating the background layer, I used a tool combination of the magic wand and the eraser to relieve this pigeon of its background. I then made 9 more copies of the lonely pigeon, all while the original background layer was hidden from view. Going up to "image", I hovered over "adjustments" and clicked on "threshold." Starting from the very top layer, I then proceeded to apply this threshold adjustment from lightest to darkest (going up by increments of 25). Afterwards, I went to the top layer again and selected a blue-purple to by my color of choice. Using the magic wand tool--and making sure "contiuguous" was unmarked--I deleted the white from the pigeon. I pressed on the "Ctrl" key and clicked on the image icon in the menu on the right and pressed "Ctrl" again while hitting delete. What this did was change the black to the darkest blue-purple I selected. I continued this process with the subsequent layers. The only difference was that with each succeeding layer, I lightened that blue-purple a tad. I then used an artistic filter for the original background layer to give it a wee bit more texture. And this is what I came out with.


Gradient: I made a duplicate background layer. I first used the threshold technique (described in the above image) on Rochelle before using the gradient tool in the background. On the background layer copy, I went up the "image", hit "adjustments", and clicked on "gradient map". This color scheme of orange and purple was already made available to me--courtesy of Photoshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment